Energy efficient homes of today should have high levels of insulation, built as close as possible to airtight standards and contain a central ventilation system with heat recovery.
Poor ventilation causes condensation, mould growth and excessive carbon dioxide in the home – it is also the biggest cause of heat loss. Studies show there is a direct connection between the quality of air (caused by poor ventilation) and our ability to concentrate and perform productively, as well as the effect poor indoor air quality has on asthma or allergy sufferers.
The Beam AXCO range of mechanical ventilation systems with heat recovery (MVHR) are designed to recover up to 95% of the heat normally lost through open windows, trickle vents and other break-out points i.e extractor fans in a building structure.
Fresh air is continuously drawn into the home via a low energy heat recovery ventilation unit, located in the roofspace/utility area of the home. Once passed through the heat exchanger within the MVHR system, the warm, clean, fresh, filtered air is distributed around the home through a series of ducts which are run to each habitable room, i.e. Living room, bedrooms etc.
- Clean, fresh air reduces the symptoms for asthma and allergy sufferers
- Excellent heat recovery provides positive enhancement of energy efficiency
- No need for trickle vents or extractor fans
- Newest generation EC low energy fans for lowest running costs
- Complete condensation control throughout
- Constant change of air without draughts, removing indoor air pollution
- Stops mould & mildew
- Quiet in operation & economical to run
- Large product range to suit all home sizes and commercial buildings